Friday, February 6, 2009

Back on track...

Well, where do you start when you take so long to add a post? I guess I'll begin at the beginning... of the year that is. COLD! When we moved to Nashville a year and a half ago, we were told you only need a heavy jacket, but no coat. Wow! I have to say it was a blessing we brought our coats anyway because it's been pretty darn cold here in the winter! I can't complain too much, however, because we're yet to scrape our car windows of ice and shovel snow. Gavin spent a week in Utah over the Christmas break to work on an issue at our business and said he remembered how much he doesn't miss Utah with the snow covered roads and freezing temperatures. Don't get us wrong, we love Utah and especially miss our friends and family there, but who can honestly say that they miss shoveling snow and scraping icy windows? I'm sure there's someone out there...
I began reading novels again in January. There's a group at church who meet once a month for a book review. In attempts to be social and make friends beyond the farm animals here, I am reading again and loving the opportunity to engage my brain and socialize at the same time. Anyone who knows me knows I love to talk and think deeply about things, so the book group is perfect right now! Last month we read The Shack which was a novel about a man who's daughter was brutually raped and murdered and his struggle to find peace with God about the tragedy. Like I said, I'm a deep thinker, but the story drew me in and was a great discovery about relationships with others paralleled with my relationship with God.
Gavin and I also celebrated our 9th anniversary in January and feel kind of proud to have such a stout number behind our marriage. Life with Gavin has been nothing but an adventure as we seem to move at least every two years and have two active young boys that keep us grounded at the same time. I love adventures with my boys and love my husband, for both loves I am truly grateful.
2009 seems to have brought me more motivation to DO things: to exercise, eat better, love more, and remember friends. I am excited for more to come... but you'll have to wait for the next post. :)

2 comments:

-kim said...

what a nice treat to see a post from you! i read the shack too...i would be interested to hear what you thought about it. have you read any other good books? love and miss you guys...
kim (and chris)

Heather E Fothergill said...

Kim, you never cease to amaze me. Let's talk about The Shack sometime. How do I set your blog up for email alert? I'm sure it is simple, but if you'll walk me through it the first time hopefully I'll catch up. :) love you!